VACANCY: IM&MEAL Manager
Location: Lebanon, Beirut with travel to field offices
Job Title: IM&MEAL Manager
Type of contract: 6 months with possibility of extension (including a 3 months as probation period)
Starting date: 15th of October 2020
Gross salary: To be defined according to the candidate's profile
Application deadline: 6th September 2020
Application procedure: Send your CV and Cover Letter with reference L7 applying below. Only preselected candidates will be contacted; the applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be awarded before the deadline.
We World GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, We World GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. We World GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the We World GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
We World GVC has been working in Lebanon since 2006 and is now supporting vulnerable population in Lebanon through WASH, shelter, basic assistance and protection interventions aiming at increasing the resilience of the concerned communities, in North Bekaa (Baalbek-Hermel Governorate) and in Akkar.
We work to return dignity to entire communities; we fight poverty and injustice so that the fundamental rights of every person can be recognized. In almost fifty years of activity, we have reached the remotest corners of the world, setting up thousands of sustainable development cooperation projects. During a humanitarian emergency, We World GVC works to rebuild what has been destroyed and to rekindle growth and sustainable development processes. Our interventions aim to increase the population’s resilience, enhancing a community’s capacity to find, within its fabric, the skills and resources necessary to grow in a self-sufficient manner.
Our staff is the key to achieving ambitious goals. With nearly 770 professionals employed and 250 partners, over the past 12 months We World GVC has reached 1.4 million people. The organization’s programmes are co-funded by the most important humanitarian and development aid donors such as EU (DEVCO, EACEA, ECHO, NEAR), United Nations (OCHA, UNHCR, UNDP, UNICEF, WFP, FAO) and individual countries (AICS, JICA, France and Dutch Embassies) as well as by private donors and foundations.
Our programmes rely on highly specialized staff, able to implement tailored methods and practices in order to meet the different needs of beneficiaries and donor requirements. The challenges that characterize the environments we work in are tackled by creating innovative synergies that draw on teamwork, multi-disciplinary experiences and by pairing international and local expertise. Respect for individuals and constancy are essential and inalienable characteristics if operating in contexts requiring strong human and professional talents.
Being part of the We World GVC team means taking part in the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of our goals and vision.
Within this framework, We World GVC recruits an IM&MEAL Manager. He/She will responsible to design and implement a functional IM/MEAL system at mission level. He/she will design, produce and implement standardized IM/MEAL processes and tools that will be used for all sectors and We World GVC programmes. The IM/MEAL Manager will design and establish the IM/MEAL team and procedures, supporting the Programmes and Operations departments to implement them successfully. In addition, he/she will also feed in the creation of assessment and reporting tools for the mission.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Design, produce and develop specific methodologies and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation and capitalization of lesson learned
- Define and develop specific methodologies and tools for Accountability and reporting
- Ensure that all processes, methodologies and tools are age/gender sensitive
- Ensure capacity building and participation of We World GVC staff and beneficiaries in the relevant MEAL activities, as needed
- Provide technical assistance and to support We World GVC Lebanon mission to implement monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning processes at local levels; in particular, in the collection of quantitative and qualitative information from various sources
- Ensure proper coordination within We World GVC Lebanon Mission departments
- Conduct Information Provision and Feedback sessions with beneficiaries and guide beneficiaries seeking help through hotline, field visits, and other complaints and feedback mechanisms with the help of the Accountability Assistant
- Collect and analyse lessons learned, successful practices and recommendations. Furthermore, ensure proper information provision of MEAL experiences among Programme teams of We World GVC Lebanon
- Support Programme/Project Managers in the proposal development process in terms of MEAL input (log frames, budgeting for MEAL activities, MEAL narrative plan, etc.)
- Ensure that critical MEAL findings and recommendations are discussed and addressed by Programme teams and management
- Lead the process of mid-term and final evaluation and management responses
- Monitor reporting deadlines and ensure submitting required reports on time
- Ensure accurate data collection and provide grant proposals and reports with accurate and qualitative data by liaising with IM department
- Oversee the administrative/logistics duties of the MEAL activities under her/his responsibilities
IM/Data Analysis (15%)
- Manage the IM tools in We World GVC offices, also supporting other staff in the use
- Coordinate the maintenance of IT infrastructure of We World GVC office in the country, providing support when requested
- High level of coordination with Programmes team and Area Managers in the mission to ensure projects and activities are on track
- Review issues and propose and agree solutions with project team
- Identify and review technical obstacles and implement solution agreed with the team
- Coordinate data analysis coming from We World GVC data as requested and agreed by programmes teams or HQ
- Capitalize data analysis and processes related
Management and Representation (15%)
- Manage We World GVC IM/MEAL/Data analyst teams at coordination and field offices level
- Represent We World GVC Lebanon in Consortia and provide technical guidance as needed
- Represent We World GVC in any coordination fora and/or in any meeting with local and international stakeholders in country
- Liaise and coordinate with HQ and Innovation and Advocacy Unit for any matter related to IM/MEAL/Data analysis
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management, IM
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures (ECHO, UN Agencies, EU, Italian Cooperation)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer skills, in particular MS Office package
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in related fields
- Previous work experience with international NGOs
- Extensive project IM/MEAL experience
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform under stress condition
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers / leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with the NGO values and ethical standards
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Previous experience in Lebanon or in crisis context
- Academic background in IM/MEAL
- Knowledge of Arabic and Italian
Le nostre ricerche di personale sono aperte a tutte le candidature, senza alcuna discriminazione di: nazionalità, religione, genere, età e appartenenza politica. La ricerca è aperta a persone appartenenti a categorie protette. Verranno esaminati i curriculum contenenti l’autorizzazione al Trattamento dei dati personali ai sensi del D.Lgs.196/2003.