JUNIOR WASH PROJECT MANAGER
VACANCY: WASH Junior Project Manager
Position: WASH Junior Project Manager
Type of contract: 8 months with posibility of extension
Strating date: ASAP
Monthly gross salary range: To be defined according to the candidate's profile
Application deadline: 11th of Sptember 2020
Application procedure: Send your CV and Cover Letter applying below with reference LY4. Only preselected candidates will be contacted; the applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be awarded before the deadline.
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Libya since 2018 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
- Humanitarian Aid for host, displaced, migrant and refugee populations through projects promoting access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), primary health, etc.
- Capacity building of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
- Promoting respect for Human Rights, in connection with the field of humanitarian protection
The organization starting new programs in the West of Tripoli and the South of Libya with 2020 Forecasted Annual Mission Budget around 1.5 M EUR / Main donors EUTF, AICS, CERF / Granted funds in 2020: 3,359,000 EUR.
WeWorld-GVC is recruiting a WASH Junior Project Manager who works under the direct responsibility of the Programs Coordinator and the technical supervision of the HQ WASH Expert. She/he works in coordination with Libyan field team and the implementing partners.
The WASH Junior program manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Diagnosis and project design
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics (assessments, surveys)
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement
- Prepare the appendixes and technical chapters (of logical framework) of operation proposals and amendment needed
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Develop and manage work plans for field activities – regularly updating work plans and objectives to meet changing needs and gaps
- Consult with Program Coordinator to determine budget and timelines for activities. Prepare standard designs and BoQs of WASH infrastructures
- Oversee the technical design and implementation of the projects – including water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion activities – in liaison with the HQ WASH Expert
- Support regular monitoring and evaluation against project indicators, in liaison with the M&E officer. Contribute to future plans for WASH activities and to related proposals and budgets
- Ensure continuous project monitoring, periodic evaluations and adjustment of project activities where necessary in close coordination with partner organization
- Ensure the achievement of results of the programs (s)he is responsible for within the timeframe
- Contribute to the design of the Procurement plan for each project under his responsibility under the technical supervision of the Logistics Management
- Provide support and advice to the logistics base for the purchase of materials specific to activities
- Contribute to budget forecast of the projects under his/her responsibility under the technical supervision of the Program coordinator and the Administrative and Finance Coordinator
- Be the operational focal point for the local partner’s WASH activities in its area of intervention
Reporting / communication / representation
- Take part and report to all WASH Coordination meetings and other relevant working groups (i.e. South ACG etc.)
- Coordinate with relevant WASH partners, UN agencies, local partners and local / national authorities involved in WASH planning and intervention
- Liaise with authorities at the beginning of assessments & intervention, and throughout WASH activities
- Provide a monthly report to the Program Coordinators – detailing activity updates, work plan updates, resources needed, and other key information
- Contribute to the donor reporting including monthly reports; intermediary report, final report etc...
- Organize and supervise the daily capitalization, as well as hard and soft archiving on the SharePoint
- Project closure and lessons learned
Qualifications and Knowledge
- University Degree (Bsc) in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering or Environmental Health Engineering/Science
- Good understanding of the Libyan context, migratory flows, Protection, Gender
- Fluent in English essential
- At least 1-year experience as in WASH sector with INGOs
- Leadership, planning, organization and teamwork skills
- Proactive and dynamic attitude
- Ability to adapt and work under constraint, under pressure and in complex and multicultural contexts
- Interpersonal skills and intercultural approach
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Demonstrates integrity with regards to NGO values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Knowledge of Arabic, French and Italian would be considered an asset
Le nostre ricerche di personale sono aperte a tutte le candidature, senza alcuna discriminazione di: nazionalità, religione, genere, età e appartenenza politica. La ricerca è aperta a persone appartenenti a categorie protette. Verranno esaminati i curriculum contenenti l’autorizzazione al Trattamento dei dati personali ai sensi del D.Lgs.196/2003.