PROJECT MANAGER CAMBODIA
VACANCY: PROJECT MANAGER – CAMBODIA
Location: Siem Reap – Cambodia, with frequent missions to field locations and Phnom Penh
Job Title: Project Manager
Type of contract: 12 months (with 3 month as probation period)
Starting date: November 2020
Monthly gross salary range: To be defined according to the candidate's profile
Application deadline: 22nd September 2020
Application procedure: Send your CV and Cover Letter applying here. Only preselected candidates will be contacted; the applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be awarded before the deadline.
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld GVC started its operation in Cambodia in 2006 and since then it is committed to promote the respect and promotion of the rights of vulnerable communities within a vision of dignity, exchange and reciprocity. The organisation has been working on food security, strengthening the livelihoods, the production assets and water supply to improve the living conditions of poor and vulnerable families, especially in rural areas. Since 2009 in the education sector, promoting the access to education and strengthening the protection of children's rights. Starting from 2013, WeWorld GVC has been working in preventing unsafe labour migration in order to protect the rights of Cambodian migrants (particularly women and children) and reduce their vulnerability to labour exploitation and human trafficking.
WeWorld GVC is recruiting a Project Manager who will be primarily involved in the management of EU-funded projects and will support WeWorld GVC Cambodia with other assignments depending on the necessity. He/She will report to the Country Representative and work in coordination with local Operation Managers and local staff, Country Administrative and Finance Manager and Administrative and financial officers.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for the operational, administrative and financial management ensuring the correct implementation of the projects. He/She integrates the general and project’s contents, policy, programmatic and advocacy lines defined by the Country Representative (CR).
Management & Reporting:
- Management of all the stages of the Project Cycle Management (PCM) for the projects under direct management and ensure the monitoring of projects under indirect management.
- Coordination and monitoring of the activities foreseen in the project
- Regular contacts with projects partners and relevant operative and institutional stakeholders involved in the realization of the project
- Identification of the needs in terms of human resources needed for the realization of the project, and support to the CR in the selection process
- Supervision and monitoring of tasks and activities performed by project staff as well as coaching and mentoring of project staff and volunteers
- Elaboration of all documents related to projects management and implementation:
- Periodic operational plans and their possible modifications and extensions
- Periodic monitoring reports to be sent to the CR
- Intermediate and final reports to be sent to the CR for approval
- Project’s modifications and amendments requests that must be approved by the CR
- Communication materials
- Performance of the following responsibilities and administrative/financial functions:
- Identification of the economic and financial commitments necessary for the realization of the project based on the available budget. Formulation of the financial programming/forecast on a monthly basis to be sent to the CR and the Country Administrator (CA)
- Coordinate and organize the documentation according to the procedures provided by the Organization’s internal rules and the donors (including procurement)
- Monitoring and verification of the correct management and hand over of the assets, as foreseen by the project and by the Organization policies
- Collection and transmission of any further information requested by the CR and/or Desk Officer at HQ in Italy
- Manage of European Aid Volunteers (EUAV) during their deployment period (in-country induction, L&D Plan, etc.) in coordination with the assigned mentor
- Contribute to the capacity development of the EUAV appointed at WeWorld GVC Cambodia
- Facilitate cultural integration of the EUAVs, both professional and personal
- Monitoring and supervision of the tasks assigned to the EUAVs
- Ensuring briefing and debriefing at the beginning, during and at the end of EUAVs assignment and any other procedure as per request of the HQ
- Support to the implementation of visibility and institutional communication activities, as requested by the CR and in coordination with the Communication and Fund Raising Division
- Collection and transmission of any further information requested by the CR and/or Desk Officer at HQ in Italy.
- Realization of other specific tasks assigned by the CR
- During or at the end of the activities, the Project Manager, according to the methods agreed upon with the HQ, will ensure availability for briefing and debriefing activities
Perform any other duty as requested by the line manager and Country Representative.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management
- Good knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Good knowledge of main donors’ policy and procedures (in particular EuropeAid)
- Fluency in English and Italian, both written and verbal
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant working experience in project management
- Experience in Project Development and proposal writing
- Experience in Project Cycle Management
- Experience in coordinating and manage relationships with international and local partner organizations and donors
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power Point
- Good verbal and written communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Precision and meticulousness
- Problem-solver approach with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and creating efficiencies
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Demonstrates integrity with regards to NGO values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Previous experience in Asian countries would be considered an asset
- Previous work experience with international NGOs will be preferred
- Previous experience in advocacy will be preferred
Le nostre ricerche di personale sono aperte a tutte le candidature, senza alcuna discriminazione di: nazionalità, religione, genere, età e appartenenza politica. La ricerca è aperta a persone appartenenti a categorie protette. Verranno esaminati i curriculum contenenti l’autorizzazione al Trattamento dei dati personali ai sensi del D.Lgs.196/2003.